About the CoronavirusAll necessary measures are taken for the coronavirus revealed in Turkey and the World at Istanbul Gelisim University. Things to know about coronavirus are as follows:
What are the new coronavirus symptoms?
- The most common symptoms are fever, cough and respiratory distress.
- In severe cases, pneumonia, severe respiratory failure, kidney failure and death may occur.
- Incubation period is between 2 and 14 days.
How is the virus transmitted?
- It can be transmitted by the contact of the droplets caused by coughing and sneezing with the contact of the mouth, nose and eyes of other individuals in certain environment and by touching the surfaces where the droplets adhere and taking hands into the mouth, nose or eyes.
What to do to be protected from the virus?
- When coughing or sneezing, the mouth and nose should be covered with a disposable tissue, if there is no handkerchief, the mouth should be closed with the upper sleeve or elbow, not with the palms.
- Handshaking and hugging should be avoided.
- Mouth, nose and eyes should not be touched with dirty hands.
- Hands must be washed for at least 20 seconds in accordance with the Handwashing Instructions found in the toilets. In the absence of water and soap, alcohol-containing hand antiseptics should be used. Cologne of 70-80 degrees also serve as disinfectants.
- Offices and classrooms must be ventilated hourly.
- Places frequently used by many people such as common areas and door handles should be disinfected every 2 hours.
- Hands must be washed after using public transportation.
- Because the virus progresses faster in people with low immune system; a balanced and healthy diet is required. Foods must be washed thoroughly before consumption.
What to do if there are symptoms?
- If you have come from countries with infections in the past 14 days, apply to the nearest healthcare facility by wearing a surgical mask.
- If you are coughing, have a fever and have difficulty breathing, apply to the nearest healthcare facility by wearing a surgical mask.
- Always wear your mask when you are in the same room with a person who is recommended insulation at home.
Click here to view Hand Washing Instructions.
Click here to see the Measures Taken Against the Coronavirus Risk at Istanbul Gelisim University
Edited Date: 12.03.2020